Thursday, August 4, 2011

Be Helpful

One of the most important values of life that many may not give much importance to is being helpful. Earlier today, I needed to make some photocopies of a few pages from a book, but the copy machine in my office wasn't working very well. So I went to a different department and asked the secretary there to do me the favor. She was a bit busy and asked me to wait a while.  So I did. While she was making the copies, she had to take various pauses to answer the telephone, send faxes, etc. Then she commented to me that she was really busy with so many things to do, but for her it wasn't a problem making the copies for me because she believes in helping. She said she loves to help whenever she has the oportunity to do so. But she also commented that not everyone is like that. And this is so true. We come across people like that ever so often who are not disposed to helping any one. How much would it cost you to reach out to someone who needs your service or needs a little of your time? Even if we have a lot  to do, a few seconds of our time can make a difference for someone and eventually for us. We should remember that being helpful would go a long way for us and for the person. Being helful makes the world go round. We need it. Everyone needs it at some time. Let's be helpful when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment